NCG CAM - NC programs development for milling machinning
NCG CAM software is for tooling production and provide effective development of NC programs of part milling of any complexity for example mold and dies. This software is independent product.
NCG CAM is multi-threaded, so it allows the users to calculate 2 or more toolpaths simultaneously. Unlike most other CAM software packages where only 1 toolpath can be calculated at a time and the software is locked until the calculation has finished.
With NCG CAM the user can keep working, even making use of operations that have not finished calculating with the new task being placed in a queue until a processor is available.
- NCG CAM simultaneous 5-axis module is an add-on to the base module of NCG CAM. It does not run as a standalone product.
- Simultaneous 5-axis allows the use of shorter, more rigid cutters for higher feed-rates and optimised machining time. All toolpaths have automatic collision prevention for both cutter and tool-holder.
- The 5-axis is aimed at finishing operations, supporting cutter types - ball-nose, flat bottomed, bull-nosed, taper cutters.
- Due to the complexity of many 5-axis toolpaths, the passes and linking are performed as a single operation. The 5-axis also needs to see the surfaces and any curves as NURB's.
- The machine simulation allows the user to simulate the machine movement. This is generally very important for 5-axis toolpaths, where it is often difficult to visualise the machines real position when animating the toolpath. By running the toolpath through the machine simulation, you can be sure there will be no collision between the machine head and the bed/table of the machine.
- NCG CAM offers a number of different translators allowing different model formats to be opened.
- Standard within the software are, IGES, VDA-fs, STL, RAW and CLD.
- Translators for PARASOLID, SolidWorks, Pro/ENGINEER, STEP, CATIA versions 4 & 5 are additional options. IGES, SolidWorks and Pro/ENGINEER have model associativity.
- The NCG CAM model associativity can detect if the IGES, SolidWorks or Pro/ENGINEER part has been changed. The user is informed and has the option to automatically recalculate the toolpaths to the new model.
- Support for Windows XP Pro 32-bit and 64-bit platforms, 2GB RAM
- Just 1 day of training is all that is required to get a user able to machine a real part (3-axis).